I just got pictures from my first 4k run/walk - or should I say constant shuffle. None of the pics are great, but at least the event is documented.
I really wanted to do the Turkey Trot last year and even started jogging consistently with a program in the summer. But my body was giving me attitude and I couldn't keep with it. This year, conversely, I didn't train at all, and I didn't even do any kind of my normal exercise routine up to a month beforehand. But I had committed and talked my HealthGroup buddies into doing it, so I wasn't backing down.
Saturday morning was COLD. The first snowfall came the night before. It was slippery. And windy. I had 4 layers on top, 3 on the bottom, 2 pairs of socks, Kevin's ginormous gloves, and I couldn't feel my fingers or toes. Bugger.
Then the race started and dear Rachel kept me going. We kept next to each other and really jogged the whole way. I knew she could do it so I wasn't about to stop. The last 1/2 mile was completely painful, mostly due to the freezing cold air I was sucking down that had caused a delicious cramp in my side and a hole in my chest.
My time isn't important. That I did it and felt so proud afterwards is. All the HealthGroup girls did fabulously and we are thinking of making this an annual event.
I really wanted to do the Turkey Trot last year and even started jogging consistently with a program in the summer. But my body was giving me attitude and I couldn't keep with it. This year, conversely, I didn't train at all, and I didn't even do any kind of my normal exercise routine up to a month beforehand. But I had committed and talked my HealthGroup buddies into doing it, so I wasn't backing down.
Saturday morning was COLD. The first snowfall came the night before. It was slippery. And windy. I had 4 layers on top, 3 on the bottom, 2 pairs of socks, Kevin's ginormous gloves, and I couldn't feel my fingers or toes. Bugger.
Then the race started and dear Rachel kept me going. We kept next to each other and really jogged the whole way. I knew she could do it so I wasn't about to stop. The last 1/2 mile was completely painful, mostly due to the freezing cold air I was sucking down that had caused a delicious cramp in my side and a hole in my chest.
My time isn't important. That I did it and felt so proud afterwards is. All the HealthGroup girls did fabulously and we are thinking of making this an annual event.
Me, Anna, Susan, and Rachel in Marion Middle School afterwards.
Me, Susan and Rachel at Rachel's house before running. Notice the snow on the roof of the car in the driveway behind us.







0 comments:
Post a Comment