Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2 Quilts

I got two quilts ready for binding for the sole purpose of finishing them during General Conference. I find it helps me listen better.

So I finished a wall hanging that I found was too small to be hung in my designated spot, so it finds itself draped over the back cushion of our chair. I don’t know if it came out well in the picture, but the third one shows the border quilting. It was super fun to do.

FlowerQuilt FlowerQuiltFlower copyFlowerQuiltCorner

This one I’ve had for quite a while, left over from last year’s quilt sale where I purchased it as a kit. Two weeks ago I decided I would finish it (the top was done) and give it to Bryn for her 4th birthday. I really wanted to make her one that matched her sisters’ but in yellow (Alaina’s is a purple sampler and Claire’s is pink) but I already had this one. So monkeys it is. I kept to my trusty cable border for this. I really love the cable look but it takes so long to do; SIX times going over on the same section.

SockMonkeyQuilt2 SockMonkeyBorder copy SockMonkeySquares

I really am going to try to take a vacation from quilting for a while. I am way behind on scrapbooking (no way to ever get caught up, but I STILL haven’t done DisneyWorld from January) and there is major spring cleaning to do around here. And still the 3 years of family videos to make and burn on DVD. And I don’t want to do any of them.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

so cute, Crystal. I wish I had the patience to do such beautiful work! good luck doing all the stuff you don't want to do. I have laundry to put away and a dishwasher to empty and yet here I sit reading blogs:)