Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Glee

Only one episode of the new tv show "Glee" has aired, as a teaser for next season. Did you see it? The Broadway-caliber vocals had me hooked. A high school teacher, who was formerly in the award-winning awesome Glee Club as a student there, takes over the fledgling Glee Club as a teacher, with no support from the administration or staff. Jocks and cheerleaders despise these artistic kids and a jock has a hidden passion for singing and joins the Club and looses friends. Awesome singing ensues. Kevin questioned whether it was really the kids' voices since it was so freakin excellent. I kept saying, "They are supposed to be in high school?" I checked, and the lead girl has been nominated for a Tony in Wicked. So yah, they are really singing.

This was the finale of the show. I bought it on itunes and go to sleep with it in my head and wake up with it in my head. I hum it all day long and sing different parts every time I hear it. I betcha a capella groups all over the country next year will feature this version - which I love more than the original, for sure. This video doesn't have the best audio quality in the beginning but it gets better 2nd verse. I like my itunes audio better than the video one.


2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Awesome - thanks for sharing. Protege sang this in the '08-'09 season.

Elizabeth said...

Me thinks you are a bit obsessed, my friend:) It is really cool/cheesy for all of us chior geeks. We should have a girl night for the season opener!