Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Easy Peasy Baby Quilt

I forgot to post this when I did it. Last month was an important baby shower (good friend + professional interior designer = important fabric choices) but since I was just called as Primary President I knew I wouldn’t have time to do a fabulous quilt from beginning to end. But I wanted to do something hand-made. What to do?
I was inspired by my favorite website of all: Sew4Home. They re-do an entire room every few weeks, then each day they give step-by-step instructions for each project in the room. (I am going to do these shower curtains!!!) In their nursery room, I saw these easy blankets and knew they were the answer for the upcoming baby shower. I was in love with the fabric on the 3rd baby blanket on the right and wanted it, but with no local fabric shop carrying the designer line and no time to order, I had to go with something else. This is what I did:
  JillBlanket JillBlanketFront&BackJillBlanketStitching
One yard of fabric for the top, one yard of minky dots for the back and fabric for binding. I did need to do a bit of quilting for structure, so I echo-stitched each large green flower with light green thread. I wasn’t sure if I was going to stretch the minky on the back or not, but it turned out beautifully and I was really really happy with it.

0 comments: