Kevin had 3-1/2 hours of dialysis today. Now that he is off IV nutrition and s\is able to urinate, dialysis doesn't take off pounds of fluid it only cleans his blood. That's good. We have been told that he may need to continue dialysis after he is discharged. That's bad.
I hope Kevin walked today, but he had not when I left at dinner time. It is a real struggle for him to eat. My job is to force him. So, I did. For 45 minutes. I am doing my job. He managed to eat all his applesauce and drink Glucerna. That's it.
Lilly, my sister from FL who is here watching the girls, is leaving on Tuesday. Kevin certainly won't get as much of me after she leaves which I'm worried about. His parents will help out and be either at the hospital or at home when needed. I want it to be me doing everything but obviously thaat can't happen and this is the next best thing. My girls are going to miss their aunt and 2 little cousins.
I had two conversations today about Kevin being discharged. One was with a social worker and we went over what accommodations he might need when we comes home; a bed on the 1st floor, a chair in the shower, a walker, etc. I don't know what condition he will be in when he comes home so it's premature to set anything up, but it was nice to start thinking about him coming home. I am just nervous about it being too soon. Once he's home from the hospital I want that to be the end of it.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
YAAAAAY!!
I'm at Sterling's and he and Rebecca were also delighted to hear the good news. We will give thanks in our prayers as we continue to request continued improvement.
Love
Mom
Post a Comment