Sunday, August 21, 2011

Saturday, August 20: Day 34

Breakfast went better and he ate - by himself - his entire pancake! Excellent. He did require Zofran because he got nauseous after a few bites, but he got back into it and did a great job.

Then his kidney Dr visited. She is not too optimistic and doesn't say much. She is usually of the "We'll see" and "You're going in the right direction" variety. But today she said Kevin does not need dialysis for 2 days and she is crossing her fingers that he is looking at TWO WEEKS TOPS. WOW. Extremely exciting. He's to the point now where too much dialysis can impede his recovery so they are taking it day-by-day.

Kevin's movement was also really good today and he took 3 walks.

They also took him off oxygen so as of today I can see his entire face. He is still on quite a few other medications - blood pressure, heart rate, antibitoics (3 still I think), insulin, calcium, anti-nausea, sleep aids, and others too probably.

Today was an extremely good day. :)

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Wonderful to see progress day by day. I am praying that he can be home soon!

Kers said...

Crystal -I started following your journey on FB and then over here. Cheering with you for the miraculous progress of today! Wish I lived closer to be of sone help. Praying for huge leaps again tomorrow!
Kerstin (Criddle) Harker

Fresca Seawall said...

Thinking of you and praying too.

Michael Burris said...

Kevin sounds like he is doing so much better. Yeah! We are still thinking of you and praying.