Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hey, my own blog

I wanted my own blog so I could journal like crazy. Even if no one reads it (if you do, I'd love a comment!) I feel like this can help me be accountable for things I want to change in my life right now - eating habits, daily scripture reading habits, exercise habits, which I am going to sporadically refer to. Might help. Hope it will help.

Also I feel like if I do too much of this on my family blog they will start to hate me.

Today I went to Old Navy ot PLEAD with them to exchange 4 pairs of jeans. During back to school shopping, Kevin & I DRUG Alaina & Claire to try on jeans, which they both needed, adn they both hate trying on clothes and shopping in general. Old Navy was having 2/$25 sale which is great. So after some drama in the changing room, deciphering what Alaina doesn't like about each pair she tried on, sending Kevin back & forth multiple times for different sizes and different styles, we finally found a pair to fit each girl. We tried and tried to buy more than 1 pair per, but they were out. So that is what we got. A few days later, armed with label and style numbers written down on a pad of paper, I went back to Old Navy by myself to buy more. They were re-stocked on sizes, so buy I did. ONLY---today when the girls tried them on, 2 weeks later, they were too small! I paid in cash, didn't have the receipt anymore, and the tags were cut off!! I was just sick with the thought of $50 lost. They all fit like slim jeans which I know I didn't get! So I went ready to plead. The lady was great and let me exhange them!! Hooray!!

Today was picture day at school. I hope they smiled well. Out of 3 pictures, I have made Alaina re-take 2 because I didn't like her smile. Is that bad?

2 comments:

Hank & Michaele said...

Crystal, Good for you exchanging the jeans. We may not reach 100% if we try, but if we don't try, we're certain to score 0. I'm glad that you posted M&M's visit. You're leadinng the charge to preserve a record of our family's events. Once things calm down (snicker, snicker) I really want to do more in many directions.

Susan said...

If you're buying school pictures, have them retake to your pleasure! I have never purchased school pictures...well, not in the fall, anyway. And I've wondered if they don't even try to get a good shot since I'm not buying!