Great-Grandma Beaman has cancer on her lung. As a recap, her left arm was amputated 3 months ago due to bone cancer (this was necessary because her arm was broken, that's how they found the cancer), and approx. 3 weeks ago she had a mastectomy to remove breast cancer. Since her lung cannot be chopped off, the previous method of recovery, I believe our time with her is limited. She is meeting with a Dr on Friday to discuss alternatives, which will probably boil down to how much time she has left.
Kevin is taking it very well so far. When Great-Grandpa died 13 years ago he was inconsolable for days, but his death was more sudden. Great-Grandma has lived alone since Great-Grandpa died and she seems ready to be with him again. She is a good Christian faith-filled woman. Actually, I'm concerned about Alaina. When I told her about Grandma's breast cancer she cried for about 45 minutes and she was very disturbed. However, it did open up a wonderful discussion between us and I believe it strengthened her testimony. I'll hold off this time saying anything until we hear back from Friday's meeting.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment