Our family went to Nauvoo on July 25 along with my parents. It’s so nice to have extra help when traveling with Bryn.
The girls hate to be in the car for more than 10 minutes (seriously…when we stopped to pick up my parents Claire was done being in the car, and the last half of the trip she was whining CONSTANTLY that she wanted to turn around and go back home) but they do eventually have fun. But their whining tires me out and grates on my nerves so that I have to warm up to the fun factor. But I was able to have fun, too.
First we went to the Family Living Center, then Children’s Play area (possibly not the actual names of attractions). We could have stayed at the Children’s Play area longer, it was way fun.
Listening/watching the rope demonstration:
Alaina was the only one who wanted to dress up:
Playing with old-fashioned toys:
Everyone wanted to try the stilts:
...even me. Although I fell down more than walked. I think my daypack threw me off. :)
Various:
The girls loved Kevin pulling them in the handcart so much Claire said she wanted to go back to Nauvoo THE NEXT DAY to do it again. Yes, after she complained for an hour on the way there. Alaina’s favorite house to go through was the school house, though I had to sit with Bryn outside because she was getting tired & cranky.
Kevin and I were actually not impressed with the pageant. It was way too long to start that late. Although it has good moments, I think it could be totally reworked for a stronger impression. But we had a great time playing.





2 comments:
Yeah, Crystal!! You sat with Bryn outside the school house. Right, it was Grandpa Burris that sat with her most of the time and the you decided that you couldn't be away from your baby. So we sat outside and talked until everyone else was finished. And I don't remember them being very fussy on the way down but then I was driving. On the way back they were sleeping, just like me.
Dad
Glad you had fun! I looove Nauvoo and I actually like the pageant, but I am not as refined as you:) cute picts and thanks again for helping with Windows live
Post a Comment