Thursday, July 30, 2009

Young Women Video

I’d been trying to convert this video for a while to share it, and I finally did – 2 years later! I put this together for a Young Women’s In Excellence program. I can’t remember the entire theme exactly, but loosely speaking, it was “Running the Race”; the gym was decorated as a track (black rolls of paper as the course), the girls came in running clothes, and our speaker talked about his recent experience completing an Iron Man triathlon and how that related to the girls and their lives.

I shot video scenes a week before the program with a few of the girls in a grassy clearing before another activity. Only a handful were able to make it early and I really had no clear plan of what the final video would be. It was quickly getting dark (the video is of poor quality because of the low light) and so I just told the girls to run past me and a few other things hoping I could put something together later. Time was of the essence and we just had to get going. At times the girls would start to act crazy and I just kept filming. Some would say “Hey – let’s run into each other!” or “Hey - let’s run into you!” or “Hey – let’s jump up and down!” and I just filmed everything.

I only had a few minutes of video and was certain when it was too dark to film anymore that I would have to scrap the plans altogether for the program. Well, after a while I sat down to see what I had and put it all together. The finished product was nothing short of a miracle. I really felt inspired and guided and for that reason, this video became a part of my testimony. As leaders try to inspire and teach, we are helped to do just that.

Give it a watch. I think you’ll like it.


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's awesome, Crystal! So neat to watch the yw together and great job!

Lilly said...

What a beautiful video! You are amazing. I love it.

Sara K. said...

*sigh* it made me cry again. good memories.