Monday, October 24, 2011

Getting Out

Kevin was able to come to church with us yesterday. It was tiring for him but well worth it. It takes a long time for him to get ready; shower, empty drain, change dressing on his tummy around the drain, and getting dressed easily take an hour for him. But everyone at church was so happy to see him and I and the girls were thrilled to have him with us. I brought my camera but I got busy and plus hated to ask him to pose when he was having difficulty getting around.

I'm really pushing Kevin to get out of the house and walk around a bit. It's so difficult for me to insist - I figure he knows if he's not up to it, and I don't want him to overdo it. However, he just can't increase his endurance if he doesn't get up and walk around. He does have to go to the Lab twice a week for blood draws, but I don't think that counts. I'm going to try to get him to go to the mall and walk today.

0 comments: