Well, I can't get Kevin to go for a walk anywhere, but he is showing lots of improvement. Though he walks like an old man (bent over at the shoulders, arms lagging behind his torso, and shuffling slow feet) he is doing more for himself at home. He gets his breakfast, drink and pills now. He came outside to the driveway to check the tread on the tires because he was sure I wasn't doing it right. (I wasn't.) He can play with the dogs for a bit and go up and down the stairs a few times in one day. And he hasn't vomited after too much exertion since last Monday! :)
Kevin is meeting some friends for lunch on Friday (me, too, I'm his driver) and I'm super excited for him to get out. He can't eat very much at once, but the social interaction will be great.
After that we're heading down to UHIC for a blood draw to check his levels and to have his surgeon check his drain. It's outputting hardly anything - yea! - so it will be backed out by an inch or so again. I hope we're nearing the end of this one. Kevin is really looking forward to the day he doesn't have ANYTHING sticking out of his body. I was thinking about that; he has had at least one device, usually more, hanging off him for 97 days as of today. That is every day since July 18, minus the five days he was home after his first discharge. I bet it will feel great to finally have his own body back.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
so glad that he is improving. We continue to pray for you guys.
Sounds like some good progress. We are praying for more!
Post a Comment