Sunday, October 2, 2011

7th Drain

Kevin's 2nd drain (7th he will have had overall) will be placed on Tuesday. We are due at U of I Hospitals at 7:30am for him to drink contrast fluid to have another CT Scan. They want a recent scan before the drain is placed. Good thinking.

When Dr Choi called to discuss the drain with us, he said he would take care of the scheduling of this procedure himself because he wanted to choose who will do it, not just take the first available guy. Boy, do I like Dr Choi.

After they see the fluid they will determine what happens next. If it is clear = not infected, Kevin can come home with me. If it is infected (I fully expect it to be) they will keep Kevin overnight for observation. I hate to have him so far away, but if it's only for 1 night he'll be ok.

0 comments: