Thursday, September 29, 2011

Filling My Bucket

A friend popped over unannounced a week or so ago to give me a hug, ask what she could do for our family, and ask what I am doing to fill my bucket. I thought about that. Hmmm.... I'm doing housework?? She looked at my quilt rack and asked if I had quilted anything lately. No, not lately.

And THEN a few days later, on a Tuesday, I received an email telling me about a baby shower on Thursday I missed getting an invitation for because I had to duck out of church early. A-Ha! I thought. My opportunity to fill my bucket and quilt something...in 2 days.

I looked through patterns for fast and easy ones, I looked through my fabric stash to see what I already had, and I made a plan. A quick trip to Pine Needles to find backing for the fabric I already had, and I found they still had a few bolts left from the same line!! Score.
Front of the quilt - very simple strips. The pattern is called "Stacked Coins".

The back. It's the first time I did any piecing on the back of a quilt. This is all the rage now and I can't believe it turned out straight!

 Wrapped nicely for the mom-to-be, Ivy.

Preparing my strips. This part takes a while. I am very conscious about NOT having any of the same fabrics next to each other so I can get the random look. :)

I would love to do some more quilting. Someone else have a baby! Quick!!

3 comments:

Michael Burris said...

So glad you are filling that bucket! The quilt looks awesome.
Melody

Deborah said...

In two days! It's beautiful. I hope Conference weekend helps fill your bucket as well. Love you.

D Lee said...

You did a great job! I'm not having a baby anytime soon. But what a great idea to fill you up!