Friday, September 23, 2011

U of I Hospitals

We have an appointment with the Director of Specialized Surgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals this Tuesday, the 27th at 9:00am. Thank heavens. I can't believe they got us in so quickly - in 2 days!! I was worried it would take weeks and we have an appt with our surgeon in two weeks. I definitely wanted to speak with someone else before then.

I went to the Records department of St Lukes and got Kevin's medical history. The abstract is free and includes the results of all procedures and Drs dictations and labs. In addition I requested the consent forms Kevin (and I) signed. All together it's about 300 pages. The entire medical history, which I requested at first, is not complete because 31 signatures from Drs from their orders are pending. But we have the subsequent procedures and those results. Plus the entire history is 1,000+ pages and the cost to print it would be $300+. So I said we'll take just the free abstract for now, thanks. :)

I am surprised to find I can understand (and pronounce!!) most of everything I'm reading. It's very interesting and I'm tagging pages pertinent to his present condition that I figure the U of I Dr will want to quickly review.

We are so so happy to be seeing someone else for his opinion. I'll post Tuesday pm for the results of the consult.

1 comments:

Michael Burris said...

Yeah! Glad to hear that you got such a quick appt. Good Luck!